Carmel Berry - Health Benefits
Fresh blueberries are a popular, healrhy food. The blue-oval color has many health virtues in him, on the farm were growing fresh blueberries, big and sweet
In Israel you can find the fresh blueberries in the spring-summer months and our Australian patent varieties can be found on our farm located in the center of the Golan Heights
The fresh blueberries can be stored refrigerated for 10 days and continue to enjoy them (they were only harvested the day before they reached you, so you won ...)
The blueberries contain sugar, but their caloric content does not exceed 43 calories per hundred grams
They also contain a wealth of healthy components, such as copper, potassium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin K, and a variety of dietary fiber. Beyond that, the blueberries contain purple-blue pigments, called anthocyanosides. These substances strengthen the blood vessels, and therefore, the blueberries are considered to be most effective when dealing with diverse blood vessel problems
We've gathered insights from a number of studies on fresh blueberries worldwide:
- A study in Canada found that consuming blueberries regularly every morning for a few weeks improved participants' cognitive acuity, and they demonstrated better performance in learning, concentration, memory, and school success.
- Clinical studies suggest that blueberry consumption contributes to improved vision.
- A US Department of Agriculture study showed that blueberries contain a component called pterostilbene, which contributes to lowering blood cholesterol. The mechanism of action of this component is largely similar to the mechanism of action of cholesterol-lowering drugs, and is devoid of the typical side effects of cholesterol-lowering drugs, which have a major effect on users' muscle condition.
- Studies show that consuming a serving of blueberries every day, five times a week, reduces the
- The chance of developing type 2 diabetes is twenty-six percent!
A fascinating Ted talk by Dr. Neil Bernard that explains how we can improve our brain cells and memory by eating superfoods with an emphasis on blueberries:
So for health and appetite!